Wednesday, January 3, 2007

I wish I could quit you, American Airlines

After the Las Vegas fiasco I really had to rethink my loyalty to American Airlines. I mean I just about had it with them after this Vegas trip. Plus, when I flew US Airways, their planes were waaaay cleaner. And their drink cups were bigger. And their flight attendants were gayer and cuter. AND their magazine was bigger and cooler!

But I have a hundred thousand miles on American Airlines (AA), so I really can't afford to quit them. Plus, I've already broke up with United and there will be no going back to them. I was telling my Mom about not going back to United and I couldn't remember why I completely crossed them off of my flying list.

Then it came back to me. When my grandfather died 6 years ago, I bought an emergency flight home from Hawaii to Dallas. I had to spend the night at the USO in Seattle then fly to Dallas and all the while- getting gouged by United for the last minute flight. Then, coming home, I got into a bad car accident and missed my flight going back. So here I am- dead grandfather, car accident and they want to charge me $100 change fee. I told them- I'm on an emergency fare- and I was just in a car accident. They didn't care. I told the ticket agent I was NEVER flying United again. I mean sure- it's company policy and they are trying to make a living. But any company that doesn't care about a person who is leaving a funeral and getting into car accident and HAS to have that $100 change fee can piss off.

So here I am with one of the worst airline experiences of my life and I'm thinking- well, as long as you don't crash the plane or ruin my funeral trip- I'll take you back. Gah! I'm turning into a softie!

No comments: