Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Leaving Las Vegas

So I sit here in the Las Vegas McCarran International Airport. I can't say anything bad about this airport because it's cleaner than most airports I've been to and they are giving me free Internet access to write this. So I thought I'd summarize my trip here to Las Vegas for my New Years trip.
It was a mixed bag as everything is with me. I should be nicknamed Mixed Bag. The trip started out badly because the weather in Dallas was so bad, my flight was cancelled as well as a number of others Friday night. So I had to standby on four different flights the next day. Every flight to the West Coast was completely booked. So instead of flying in and enjoying myself Friday night at 9:30pm in Vegas- I arrived at 5pm the next day. Then they could not locate my luggage. So I had nothing with me except for a change of shirts and some socks. I had to go and rebuy everything from underwear to toothpaste. It made for an unpleasant start to a New Years trip.

Once I was in Vegas, I met up with long lost, Dan who I have not seen in 6 years. Thank god for him because he was funny, nice, and an all around fun time to be around for most of the weekend. Although, his TV habits leave alot to be desired, he's a great person to hang with. I also ran into Ed who was on my Sept. 2006 NYC Labor Day weekend and met a couple of other friends of Randy's. So the trip wasn't a total loss.

On the way home, I called American Airlines to confirm my flight and found out that when I flew standby and had my flight cancelled out on Friday, they cancelled out my return trip. So I ended up having to pay for another flight on US Airways to ensure I got home without having to standby and worry about not getting onto a flight.

I can't really be too mad at American Airlines. Bad weather and cancelled flights aren't their fault. And the crazy rebooking/cancelling thing was probably due to the amount of crazy passengers calling and screaming on the phone. And they tried to help me the best way they could...or maybe I just am making up excuses for them since its the only time they screwed up. And they screwed up huge! But what am I going to do? Crawl back to United? Screw United!

So on New Year's Eve I drank from 11am to midnight for long intervals. By the time midnight arrived, I really could not drink any longer. I think it got to the point where I couldn't ingest anymore alcohol because I just didn't feel like it anymore. Went to Risque nightclub and spent the evening there drinking it up and then hanging out with some friends at midnight. Risque left a sour taste in my mouth because there was such a long line of people and when everyone started pouring in, Ed didn't have his name on the list. So Dan and I ended up going in and we lost Ed- who I later found out came back later with a printed confirmation and partied with a bunch of Wall Streeters from San Diego. So I don't feel bad for you now, Ed! I was relieved he had a good time. Met Darryl and his family and Will and his friends.

Gambled and lost about $100. I reintroduced myself to the Amaretto Sour. Think it might take the place of Cranberry Vodka.

So it was an bumpy but ok start to 2007, despite the horrible flight in. Can't wait for a really good year!

No comments: